Sunday, January 18, 2009

Teething

I've decided I'm really not a fan of teething, especially those stinkin' molars that take forever to pop through and then when they finally do, watch out!


Poor Miya. Teething has been our weekend thus far. When she opens her mouth I can count 5 that are just about ready to pop thru the skin, including one of her left lower molars.

Yesterday, she ran a fever of 101.6 all day long, I alternated with motrin and tylenol as suggested by all the moms I know and still couldn't seem to get it lower than about 100 degrees. She also had diarrhea yesterday, a first since she has been home with me. So now her rear is red and sore. I can hear my brother now..gross and ewwww is what he is saying as he reads this and YES it was. Poor thing.


I gave her a bath at about 5:00p.m. last night at her request. Her request??, well it included standing at the gate at the bottom of the stairs hollering and crying on and on until I figured out she was trying to tell me something...as in she wanted to go upstairs. duh. When I opened the gate, she crawled upstairs, headed into the bathroom and tried to crawl into the tub w/ all her clothes on. Of course, she also threw her baby in there first...which I thought was pretty funny, but she really was in no mood for funny at that point.


This morning her fever is back up to 101.8. Her nose is running, she has a cough now. She gets colds when she is teething. Overall she just seems pretty miserable, cranky, and out of sorts.

I'm planning on working today, but may have to just go down to the office and gather it all up and bring it home, not sure...she cries when I leave the room. Might have to post-pone until tomorrow.


An additional kicker...my thermometer, the fancy dancy Brau*n I forked over $50 for is now stuck on the Celsius setting. I have no idea how it was switched from Fahrenheit to Celsius, but am thinking a little pair of hands got a hold of it. So, since I am horrid at math, I now have to go online and look up the conversion each time I take her temp. Sad, I know.


Mom, my nose is running....and quit blogging and pay attention to me pleaseeeee!




Have I mentioned I hate teething? I bet she really hates it. Poor Miya.

5 comments:

  1. I remember when Sara got her first teeth. Just like it was yesterday...
    EIGHT came in at one time - not a problem. You were a miracle baby Sara!
    As far as poor little Miya - she needs to come to Arizona and spend some time in the sunshine with Grandma and Grandpa. That will make you both feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...I hope Miya is feeling better soon.

    Yeah, that's quite a message when she crawls into the tub fully dressed.

    Here's to quick chopper poppers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, just an FYI - it sucks now that she's having a hard time with teething but be glad that she's got 5 coming in at once and not 1 at a time. I know parents whose kids had 1 at a time come in and they were so miserable and had rather put up with a few bouts of teething rather than one after the other.

    Hope Miya feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope she is feeling better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, poor baby...and poor mommy! It's not fun, but it will be over soon...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete