Tuesday, January 6, 2009

6 months a family!!

We've hit the 6 month mark and I feel like we are finally finding our stride as a family. Becoming a mom has been a crazy adjustment, one that I thought would be a bit easier - epecially since I have been around children my whole life and I really like them and am good with them (how's that for a run on sentence?). Yeah, not so much. It's been a tough adjustment for me. Not sure why, but it has.

I also just spent 2 weeks (holiday break) pretending I was a stay-at-home mom (so fun!) and I have to tell you I saw major changes in Miya with regards to bonding and attachment. I feel like something within us both has clicked and it's good. Again, we all know (AP's out there) that bonding and attachment is a PROCESS, so it's not like I'm saying "ok, all done. we're bonded." I just feel like it's all coming along as it should and I am VERY thankful it is.

So, here we are at yet another milestone, an important date. 6 months a family!! Yay!!

July 6, 2008



January 5, 2009


Man, I love this kid.

7 comments:

  1. Happy 6 Months!

    Glad to hear things are falling in to place with you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy to see why... She's one beautiful kiddo!!!

    Happy 6 Months... and may the next 6 prove even greater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics!!! These are great

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's amazing! And I gave you an award- it's on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 6 months! Her hair has grown like crazy, I wish Ava's would grow faster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checking to see if I can figure out how to make comments on this new format...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Six Months Sara and Mia! This picture is sooo cute! Any other exciting news?? Some highschool friends have been sharing news on FB. You should join. Talk with you soon!

    ReplyDelete