Friday, August 28, 2009

Transitioning to school cont.

The honeymoon period is over. Miya and I had the following conversation this morning:

Me: "Good morning Miya! Do you remember that we are going to school today? You are going to work with mommy, won't that be fun?"

Miya: "No mama, no way"

Me: "Don't you want to see your teacher Abby and your friends? Shawn will be there..."

Miya: "No mama, no Abby, no, no"

Fast forward to the car ride...

Me: "Let's go, off to school we go!!"

Miya: "No mama, no Abby"

Me: sigh....

Miya: "No mama, no go"

At school

Me: "Come on Miya let's go! Time to go in to school."

Miya: insert extremely whiny voice "noooooooooooooooo"

It was a tough morning, she cried when I left. The last thing I said to her was "I love you and I will be back to pick you up after you nap. Mommy always comes back, no matter what."

1 comment:

  1. I am expecting to have this exact same conversation with my daughter when school starts up for me after Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete