Thursday, August 27, 2009

NI Fair ramblings...

I am coordinating/working the college info/Alumni booth at the NI Fair this week. Here's a snapshot as to what is going down...

NI Fair - Day 2
  • Today is senior citizen day and there are a lot of wheelchairs wheeling aboutt.
  • It's also hotter than hell and it's supposed to be 98 degrees tomorrow...uggggh..
  • My Fair work week got a whole lot better when I discovered wireless internet access!! woohoo!!
  • I managed to avoid eating fair food yesterday, but the scent of fried food got the best of me today and I lost the battle. I can't remember the last time I ate white bread. OMG was it ever good. Why does fair food taste so good? I've named the food stands Calorie Castles...
  • I didn't eat it, but did see deep fried bacon AND deep fried twinkies!! Gross. On a side note, I was dying to know what breaded deep fried bacon sprinkled with powdered sugar tasted like, so I made my friend Ana try some...she didn't think it was very good. It sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen to me.
  • Okay, if you are local, at the fair, and read my blog, please stop by the college booth...you know the one. We need some visitors. We have candy... :-)
  • This blog has turned into a family friendly blog...meaning, I try not to poke fun, I try not to swear, and I generally just try to keep everyone up to speed on Miya (even though I am a really lazy blogger lately) and okay, sometimes I have to censor myself because family and co-workers read this blog. However, I'm going to say this now and I'm only going to say it once...wait, I'm writing not speaking, whatever, you know what I mean...
There are a shitload of freaks who come to the Fair.
  • I also sometimes duck and hide when I see people I went to high school with. Why? because I really don't feel like catching up...I mean, seriously...if I gave a shit I would have stayed in contact right? If you read this blog, please know that I do not hide from you. I lurves yoos guys. :-)
  • Right about now, I am very conscious that some wonderful church going folks read this blog and I just wrote swear words. sorry. well, not really. it's who I am from time to time.
  • On the warm and fuzzy side, my friends, family, co-workers, board members, volunteers are wonderful. People have stopped by and visited, and I am promoting the college and alumni association with gusto.
  • and have I mentioned...WIRELESS INTERNET at the NI Fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I lurves the Fair now. maybe not.
  • ummm, it's so hot out my fingers are swollen and my butt hurts.
Until tomorrow friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment