Saturday, February 6, 2010

oh dear.

Miya is a proficient user of my iphone.

at the oh so old age of 2.5.

It all started when I downloaded a video or two or three to keep her busy while we were traveling to North Dakota for my grandma's funeral.

and then I discovered toddler apps.

and now she has more apps than I do.

and now she is such a whiz navigating the darn thing, she is messing with all of my stuff now.

and my phone is dirty and grubby and has little finger prints all over it.

and each and everyday she asks "mommy, I pway wiff phone?".

and now I'm afraid I've turned her into a gamer.

and I want exclusive use of my phone back - I mean seriously what parent says to a two year old "Miya, mommy needs to call Grandpa now...give me the phone" "please?" "MIYA! GIVE ME MY PHONE" and then she cries and carries on and throws a fit. fun.

I think she called her uncle yesterday and sent him a text.

and she deleted one of the BEST GAMES of scrabble I've played in a long time.

I wonder if there is a way to lock my apps so that she can't access them? I know I can lock the phone, but then she can't access her apps...

is it weird that I am seriously considering buying her own itouch? Wait, don't answer that. It is weird.

p.s. Miya's apps are Tozzle, Ladybug Tree, Adventure, ABC Animals, ABC Voice Cards, Five Monkeys, Wheels on the Bus, Lightsaber, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Old MacDonald, Hatch!, Lilsnowman, Memory Pro, LunchBox, DrssChica, Tipitap, and Make Me a Princess...

2 comments:

  1. Don't have an iPhone but Emi is obsessed with my iTouch and my cell. She has called her dad, my brother and a few others with it. She's also sent some interesting texts as well. She's not even 2 yet! She loves remotes and figured out how to turn on our TV without a remote before we did (there's a sensor on/off switch on the front of the flat screen on the bottom right corner). We couldn't figure out how she was turning on the TV without the remote. And then one day we caught her. Kids these age are tech whizzes.

    ReplyDelete