Friday, June 19, 2009

We are still alive and kickin'

We have been very busy the past few weeks, Miya's time has been filled with hanging out with her mom, grandparents, aunt Lexi, and cousin Thomas. She loves to play outside, go to the park, dig in the sandbox, and oh my she is a water kid for sure. I can't wait to get her going in swim lessons. My time has been filled with work, being a mom, and now I am taking two summer school classes. ooof!

We also went camping a few weekends ago, which was a lot of fun...but also a whole lotta work. Bottom line: packing, traveling, setting up camp, chasing after a 2 years old 24-7, tearing down everything, loading up, traveling home, and unpacking everything is hard (as in I felt like I had been hit by a truck I was so exhausted).

We celebrated 3 family birthdays last week and my birthday was yesterday. That is a LOT of birthday celebration in 7 short days. By the time my birthday rolled around, I was just plain burned out....plus, I turned the big 35 and purposely forced everyone to keep it low key.

In addition to the birthday marathon going on around here, we completed our last post-placement meeting with our social worker last week. I can't describe the feeling I felt when our social worker walked out the door...I kind of teared up, but mostly felt relief knowing that my adoption process was complete...and it only took 3 years...

Miya is also hitting the "2's" in a big bad way...she can be a handful and I find it VERY challenging at times, especially when we are out and about....or with family. More on this later...I need to get my thoughts in order before I start writing about it.

I have tons of pics to post and will try my best...I have a feeling my blogging will be coming to an end sooner rather than later. I just can't keep up with it anymore and don't really comfortable sharing our lives on the Internet any longer. The purpose of my blog was to share my adoption journey with friend, family, and the adoption community. I don't know, we'll see...

Have a great weekend everyone, I'll be back soon.

3 comments:

  1. Have fun, sounds like you have been busy..She sure is a pretty litle girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled that my parents have a 5th Wheel permanently parked in Michigan with a deck and all. We still have to pack food when we go, but beyond that, everything else is there.

    Loving the new blog layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete