Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Toddler bed

10 days ago Miya and I assembled her toddler bed and set it up in her room. Key word her room. Up until this point, she has been sleeping in my room either with me or in her crib. I just heard all the non AP's gasp in horror.....whatever....don't judge me.

10 days ago she slept in her big girl bed for the first time. Since then, she naps great and for the most part goes to sleep at night with no problem (there have only been a couple times where she has been a little whiny).

Here she is taking her first nap in her "big girl" bed.



Here she is the first night she slept in her "big girl" bed.



She hasn't quite made it sleeping through the night in her room yet. She wakes up and cries and after a couple of times, I just grab her and take her to bed with me because 1) I'm freakin' tired and 2) I have to get up at 5:30a.m.

So, guess what? Last night, my girl slept through the night in her bed in her room. All. night. long. I woke up at 4:45a.m. this morning and thought "holy shit! I mean holy cow! She slept all night long!".

At 5:30a.m., I got up, flipped the news on, and got ready without worrying about waking the sleeping princess up. At 6:30a.m. she walked out of her room, baby and blanket in hand, with a big smile on her face. Awwwwwwwwww....

I hope she does it again tonight! Go Miya!

3 comments:

  1. We all have to celebrate our little victories! Next will be getting her out of diapers, or something equally worthy of celebrating. Each step is so great, until you realize they are 18 already and off to college. So treasure every single one!

    ReplyDelete