Sunday, April 19, 2009

Referral anniversary!

This weekend marks the one year anniversary of receiving Miya's referral!

I received "the call" at 11:00p.m. on Friday night and didn't answer right away as I was sleeping. It took me a few minutes to realize that someone was calling and that most people don't call at 11:00p.m...so I couldn't figure out why on EARTH someone would call me at that hour, unless it was an emergency.

So, I got up, went downstairs, flipped open my phone, retrieved my missed calls, and took one look...Small World. Gulp. I knew at that moment, my life was about to change forever. I listened to the message, it was my agency rep. "Sara, I've just locked a file for you. This little girl is a perfect fit for you, I've emailed her file to you. Call me back in the morning."

I fired up the computer. My hands were shaking. I guarded my heart and decided not to open her picture right away. I reviewed her file. I cried. I googled her SN. 1 minute later I knew she was my daughter. I cried some more.

I stayed up all night long, researching, crying, reviewing, reading her file, and googling. At 7:00a.m. I called my family. I forwarded her file to my mom, my brother, and my Dad. I called my agency, my social worker, and two doctors.

And then I opened the jpeg attachment.




"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. "

So true. So very true.

7 comments:

  1. Wow... it's hard to believe that was a year ago. Happy Anny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today you become one: A Family, Mother, Daughter. The bonds forever lasting. I am so happy for you. And blessed to have you both in my life as well. Comgrats on finally completing this chapter of your life. Love ya, RYAN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. . .every bit worth that wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, very sweet post.

    Ellen's Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already! Thanks for sharing your referral story again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a wonder Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! It seems like yesterday doesnt it?! I cant believe we are coming up on a year of being home! But a year of waiting seemed like forever! You have a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete