Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Buzzzzzzzzzzz

Today, a co-worker and I delivered a dog house (built by the carpentry students and auctioned off at the annual fundraiser I coordinate) to a very special auction winner today. She is a graphic designer, gardener extraordinaire, and get this...a bee keeper.

Fascinating.

I wanted to see the bee house up close and boy did I ever! It was kinda freaky standing 2 ft. away from a buzzing bee house, but I am truly fascinated at the process. She told me that they will collect 2-3 gallons of honey with just one bee house! Or wait, are they called hives if they aren't made by bees? Probably. At any rate, it was fun to see and learn about zee beeezzz.
BTW - Miya's favorite movie right now is:

and one last thought...I don't know if Miya is allergic to zee bee yet and I honestly dread the day I find out.

2 comments:

  1. You will have to come and help us harvest the honey this fall. It is really fun, very messy. Kevin has an extra bee hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new blog, cousin!!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete